Friday, July 4, 2008

Family Baby Shower - June 14th


I know...it took me quite a while to actually post about the shower. As I have said before, I really need to learn how to get the pictures from the camera to the computer. Once the bean gets here I don't think everyone will be as patient waiting for photo updates.

On June 14th, my sisters threw a wonderful baby shower for the bean! There was a huge turn out of family and friends that showed up to help us celebrate. We played several games and had a lot of yummy food. I have had a hankering for ham salad and my grandma Shanks came through!

One game we played was initially called "How fat is Joni?". Not too nice, huh? I think I had my sister Kayla convinced that we should be calling it "How big is her belly?" by the time we got half way around the room. Basically everyone pulled off a piece of belly tape to guess how big around I am.
Some of the ladies thought they were really funny and pulled off HUGE pieces, ha-ha. My sister Jewel was right there with them!


We have had a lot of fun trying to predict whether the bean is a girl or a boy. We had everyone make guesses on the date of the big day, the weight and the gender of the bean. The consensus....12 said girl and 12 said boy. Can you believe that? The weight guesses ranged from 5 lbs, 4 oz. to 8 lbs, 14 oz. (once again....thanks Aunt Jewel!) According to the guesses, we can expect the bean any time between July 9th to August 1st. I know that my family has a lot of August birthdays but I think it is time to break tradition, sorry grandma Shirley.

There was also a bank guessing game. Everyone put in their spare change and then guessed the total amount in the bank. The bean has over $20 in his/her 1st bank.
Jeff and Dad Reed went golfing while the ladies were at the shower. They got back just in time for gifts. Jeff tried to stay away from the front of the room but the camera managed to catch him a few times.

He was busted trying to tie a balloon to my shirt without me noticing. That's my husband!

The Reed ladies took advantage of a Kodak moment. (Soon-to-be Grams, Jewel, Jessie, Aunt Holly hiding in the back, me, Aunt Regina and Aunt Trudy)

I had lots of helpers when it came time to open presents. This is my cousin's little boy Gage, my nephew Caelen and my niece Savana.

Jeff and I can not express enough how appreciative we are for everyone's generosity. We have been very fortunate to have so many people give gifts to the bean. Thank you to everyone!!




No comments: