Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's a ...........GIRL!

For all of our patient (and not so patient) family and friends.....the secret is now out. The "Bean" is a GIRL! Leah Marie Sedberry entered the world at 7:21 a.m. on Sunday, July 6th. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 1 oz. and was 19 1/4 inches long. She has a full head of dark hair and is absolutely precious!

Jeff is a wonderful daddy and Leah already has him wrapped around her tiny finger. I cried when I saw her and then cried more when I saw her daddy hold her and just stare at her.


She has changed our lives forever. Thank you God for this wonderful gift from Heaven. I am not sure what I did to deserve such a blessing but I promise that I will do all in my power to protect her and guide her. The emotions are overwhelming. I didn't even think about the pain or the labor. The second she was placed on my chest the world became a new place -- one I had never imagined.

Have you heard George Strait's new song "I Saw God Today"? Oh my...it was very touching a week ago but has a whole new meaning in my book now.

Our first family photo....

No comments: