Friday, July 25, 2008

Lack of postings...

I know, I know....we have not posted any new pictures for almost 2 weeks. This is quite contrary to my promise for lots of pictures. I promise we have a good excuse though! On Friday, the 11th, I went to the emergency room and they found gall stones. Outpatient surgery to remove my gall bladder was scheduled for this past Monday. We THOUGHT it was going to be an outpatient surgery and we would be home just a few hours after the surgery. BUT...we had a bit of a complication. They also found what they called a penetrating ulcer on my intestine next to my gall bladder and had to patch my intestine. (I will leave out all of the details on here, but f you want more --- feel free to e-mail me, or call Jeff or any other family) Long story short -- we ended up in the hospital for 3 nights and just got to come home last night. Grandparents were able to take over baby duty WAY before mommy and daddy were ready for that to happen! She is doing great though and we are very happy to be home with her. I am still down and on and all liquid diet for 10 days but Jeff is able to sit her on my lap with a pillow and I can snuggle her. Not exactly what we planned for our 1st month with her but we do what we have to do!

No comments: