Saturday, July 5, 2008

You don't need to come to the hospital....I will be going home shortly

It was Saturday afternoon and Jeff had just left for work. I was having some weird pains and a few other things that we don't need to mention. I decided to call the doc just to be sure everything was ok. She suggested that we head to the hospital just to be checked out but that everything was probably normal and I would be coming back home shortly. Basically, I just needed to know if it was ok to go to work on Monday. I grabbed the bags (just in case) and headed out -- driving myself to the hospital. We had promised the grandparents that we would call when we were on our way to the hospital. I repeatedly said....you don't need to come to the hospital, I will be going home shortly. Jeff called his supervisor and met me at the hospital. I was dilated to 2 but that wasn't a big deal -- you can be dilated a small amount for a few hours or a few days. They were ready to send me home (as planned). BUT....since Jeff works nights and I would be home by myself, they opted for keeping me for one more hour just to make sure that dilation didn't progress anymore. One hour later.....dilated to 4 and it was off to labor and delivery! What? Today? Now? I guess we better call the grandparents back!

And here are Mamaw, Papaw, Grams and Gramps.....all waiting patiently in the waiting room in the wee hours of the morning.

No comments: