Friday, July 4, 2008

Baby Shower at Vanessa's June 28th


A good friend of mine, Vanessa, hosted a baby shower for the bean at her house last weekend. It was a small crowd but perfect for visiting and having fun! We played a game I had never played at a baby shower before....there were 10 plastic baggies of white powders that you would find around the house -- mainly in the kitchen. I like to cook but that was not an advantage at all! First of all, baking soda and baking powder are very similar when they are out of their boxes. We also had to decipher formula, pizza crust mix, powdered sugar, flour, sugar, salt and baby powder. It was fun to laugh as everyone thought they had it figured out until they saw the next baggie.

Vanessa also made a DVD of movie posters that had to do with baby or being pregnant. I don't watch a whole lot of movies so I thought I would really stink at that game. Thankfully I didn't embarrass myself too badly. Our friend Laurie got all of them right! How she knew the name of an 80's movie called For Keeps just by seeing the movie cover I will never know.

The big project was making onesie's for the baby. We had a lot of fun with that one -- even though some of the guests failed to participate (Carol and Jo!). Jeff's best friend Brandon has a policy against holding any kids until they can talk. His sister-in-law made this onesie to guilt him into holding the bean before that, ha-ha.....

Here are a few of the others that were made.


Vanessa and her mom made lots of yummy food! The spinach and artichoke dip was my favorite. I had to pace myself.




Thanks to all of the ladies for the wonderful gifts. Carol gets a special thank you because I know how hard it was for her to shop without knowing whether we were having a girl or a boy. I think she has had a harder time with the surprise than any of the grandparents. The outfits she picked are adorable!


















We feel very special....Kim spent her wedding anniversary with us, Laurie requested the day off work, Carol's mom was visiting from out of state and came to the shower, Vanessa's mom helped put it all together and Vanessa planned everything and opened her home to us. I am truly thankful for such a wonderful group of gals.



1 comment:

Vanessa said...

You are so very sweet Joni. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. B.B. and I love you guys so much, and can't wait to see the bean in person.

Vanessa