I know, I know....it has been a few weeks since I last posted. Please forgive us as we have had a lot going on. For starters, I went back to work. Oh my! It was a less than lovely experience the 1st 2 days as I worked my way through 8 weeks worth of things on my desk but each day back has been better than the one before. It doesn't get any easier to leave Leah, but it is a necessary evil. Jeff's parents stayed at our house last week and enjoyed some baby time. My mom is there with her this week. I will begin my full-time schedule next week and Leah will go to the sitter for the 1st time. Thankfully we are very excited about the gal who will be watching her and know that Leah will be in good hands.
Leah turned 2 months old on Saturday! It is amazing how fast the time is flying by. She is doing so many things now. She smiles all of the time....what a happy baby! She is beginning to coo and make all of the other adorable baby noises. She is so interactive with us. We love it. She has also finally figured out her thumb! She has been trying to master it for weeks now and has had several successful attempts that lasted only seconds. Last night she finally achieved success that lasted for quite some time. I am sure some of you are reading this and shaking your heads. I know it will be hard to break her of it in the future but there is really no stopping her now. I could put her mittens on but then we would just have slobbery mittens now wouldn’t we? ha-ha.
My deepest apologies for the lack of pictures accompanying this post. I promise to update soon when I have the time to add pictures. I assure you that you will want to stay tuned. We have pictures coming of her week with grandma and grandpa, 1st wedding, grams and gramps, bath time, and other random cuteness. When I update, be sure to scroll down. You know me, I tend to post several at a time.
Oh, and Jeff and I picked out her first Halloween costume last night. My mom came down and we had a date. Our life has forever changed – we were very excited about spending our date picking out a costume for the most important part of our life – the bean! Do you have any guesses? I will save the surprise for Halloween but I can promise that it is ADORABLE! I put her in it last night and she didn’t even care. She just looked at me and smiled. One of these days I am going to look back and really miss the days that she let me dress her in anything I wanted without an argument. Ha-ha…
1 comment:
I wouldn't even know what to guess.. but I'm sure it will be adorable. I'm anxious to see it!
Post a Comment