The next milestone happened while we were gone. I called my mom 1st thing on Sunday morning to see how she slept and she told me she slept all night! I couldn’t believe my ears. She has always been a pretty good sleeper at night but was still getting up once to eat. She has slept through the night every night since. She is such a happy baby when she wakes up so I have been trying to avoid waking her in the mornings. There is a slight problem with that though --- she likes to sleep until after 8. I have been late to work almost every day this week, ha-ha. The last few nights I have tried an earlier bedtime but she doesn’t seem too receptive to that. She is in a routine. Maybe after the time change on November 2nd, we can put her down a little earlier and have her wake up a little earlier.
Grams was on Fall Break and came down last Friday and played with her all day. Gramps came down on Friday evening. Leah’s sitter, Tanya, was on vacation all of this week so Leah got even more special care. My mom (mamaw) was with her Monday with Papaw coming down to see her Monday evening. Grandma was with her on Tuesday. We are very happy that Leah can spend so much time with each of her grandparents.
Leah also got a lot of extra time with her daddy this week. Since the grandma’s watched her at our house, he was able to see her on Monday and Tuesday before he went to work. Normally he doesn’t get to see her on the days he works. I went into work late on Wednesday so he could get some sleep but then he had her all day on Wednesday. I don’t know which one of them was more worn out when I got home Wednesday night --- they play a lot! Leah went to work with mommy on Thursday while daddy worked as court bailiff. After he was done, he picked her up and they played all afternoon. Just in case you are wondering – it is not easy to work with a baby on your lap.
Leah is at our friend’s house today. Jess and Chris have 2 boys, Bryce and Drew. Drew was very excited when he saw Leah come in this morning. She is having all kinds of fun over there. I told Jess she isn't going to want to come home -- they have all of the fun toys.
I have a lot more pictures to post but I have had some technical difficulties getting them to load on here from my home computer. I will work on it more this weekend. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures that Jess sent me from today. We learned today that Leah loves bubbles!
She is also very fascinated with mirrors. They may be the one thing that catches her attention more than ceiling fans.
No comments:
Post a Comment