Thursday, June 5, 2008

Doctor Updates and Girl Time

We went to the doctor yesterday for a regular check-up. The bean is
still doing great. His or her heartbeat was strong at 141. We got a
good chuckle because the bean had the hiccups while we were listening
to the heartbeat. If you watched closely, you could see my belly bounce
with them. I made some progress and gained a few pounds since my last
appointment.WooHoo – no more nasty-dissolve-in-my-mouth pills! I am
still getting sick but I can handle that as long as I am gaining the
weight that I am supposed to.

I am measuring right on target so hopefully that means we will deliver close to the due date and not before. Don’t get me wrong, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little one and I will be happy to be able to get up off the floor without assistance, ha-ha, but I am also going through the “the baby will be here soon and I still have a ton of things to do!” stage. Yes, I am well aware that for the rest of my life things will go unfinished and unorganized at times but I would like to at least have some control over things BEFORE he or she gets here. Either way, we will be elated when the big moment arrives – ready or not. On another note, we completed our homework from our last visit and chose a pediatrician. Well, actually I cheated and asked a few of my friends with small children who they trust. They had the same answer so I called her.
Thankfully, she is taking new patients and we are all set. We go back to the doctor in 2 weeks, on the 18th, and then we are starting our every week appointments (oh my!).

A group of my friends from law school came over last week for a girl’s
night in. We ordered pizza and made scrapbook pages for the baby. Not
only was it a lot of fun but also very productive. Now all we need to
do is take the pictures and put them on the pages. We have pages for
labor and delivery, baby’s first bath, the baby shower, etc. It was
also very nice to hang out and chat with my girlfriends, who I don’t
see as often as I would like. They went together and got us our baby
swing! We love it! It is sage green with an animal print on it. It
makes animal sounds and plays music. We had quite the adventure putting
it together. I have to admit (why I don’t know) that it took both Jeff
and I and a set of instructions with pictures to get it together. I
forgot to take pictures while my friends were over but I did get some
snapshots of Jeff working on the swing.



My little sisters (I am sure they love it when I call them that -- they will be 20 in a few months) are coming to stay for a weekend in a few weeks. It will be a lot of fun to spend some time with them before the baby gets here. We may just have to do more scrap booking pages! (My friends may have created a monster, ha-ha). Jewel and Jess used to do a lot of scrap booking so I am sure they will put my pages to shame but we will have fun doing it and will always have that memory. I went to Hobby Lobby today and much to my excitement – most of the scrap booking
supplies were 50% off. You know me and a sale!!

1 comment:

Jewel said...

I don't know if I will put your pages to shame but I'm really looking forward to it!! Love ya.