Well, we have had an extra cuddly baby on our hands the past few days. Poor Leah has her first ear infection. The first sign was when she didn’t sleep well on Friday night. Saturday was her dedication at church (another post and pictures coming soon). She was absolutely tuckered after her big day! She was running a fever by bedtime and wasn’t nearly as excited about eating as she normally is. By Sunday she was just plain miserable! She battled a fever all day and hardly slept at all on Sunday night. As soon as I would lay her down in bed, she would wake up with the most pitiful cry I have ever heard. As soon as I would pick her up and put her on my shoulder, she would fall fast asleep. So….what is a mommy to do? I sat awake in the recliner all night hoping that she would at least get some sleep. Unfortunately she didn’t get much sleep either. Every ½ hour or so she would wake up and whimper. She ignored the food I tried to give her in the middle of the night so I was convinced it was an ear infection. It is so hard when they are not old enough to tell you what is wrong or where it hurts. I did not like the feeling of helplessness that is for sure.
Jeff got home and sent me to bed a little before 5. Her temperature spiked to 101 and we couldn’t get it to go down, even with Tylenol. I called the dr. as soon as they opened and they got her in before noon (they are wonderful!). Sure enough, she has an ear infection in her left ear. A couple doses of antibiotics and she is feeling much better. She didn’t have a fever this morning and woke up full of smiles – Hallelujah!! Tanya said she hasn’t slept well today so she must still be achy. The plan for tonight is cuddle time with daddy followed by some cuddle time with mommy. Sounds great to me!
Here is a picture of that pitiful face while she was sitting with Jeff last night. Doesn't it just make you want to cuddle her?
1 comment:
yes. it does make me want to cuddle her.
Post a Comment