Thursday, May 8, 2008

Baby Shower

Last Saturday, May 3rd, some of my really good friends threw a baby shower for the bean. It was a gorgeous day outside and a wonderful shower. Thanks Jess and Heather! I had friends there from law school, the day care where I used to work and the police department. It was the perfect size to sit around and chat and have a nice time. We played a game where we had a list of animals and had to name the baby animal that goes with that breed. Oh my --- talk about a slam to a person’s intelligence! I didn’t feel very smart at the end of that game, ha-ha. Did you know that a baby fish is called a fingerling? We had a lot of laughs at it though. Another interesting game involved frozen babies – sounds morbid doesn’t it? Jess froze tiny babies in ice cubes. Everyone put one in their drink and the person with the first baby to melt out of the cube said “my water broke!”. My baby didn’t float to the top like it was supposed to so I was a bit creeped out by the baby floating in the bottom of my cup every time I took a drink, ha-ha.

All of the ladies were very sweet and brought wonderful gifts for the bean. Not knowing if we will be having a boy or a girl, we got adorable “Baby’s First Christmas” outfits for both. One is a bib-overall outfit and the other a green velvet dress. I can’t wait to see which one we use this Christmas!

I even had my very own present-opening helper. Jenna is the daughter of some friends of ours from the police department and usually my little buddy when we are together. She turns 4 on July 17th – which happens to be our due date.

We loved all of the gifts and Jeff couldn’t wait to peek his head in the bags when I got back home.
There was also a yummy spread of food. You know me --- always ready to eat (and that isn’t really a pregnancy thing!). We had sandwiches, fruit and veggie trays, cheese and crackers and punch. Oh, and let’s not forget the adorable and scrumptious raspberry sour cream cake! The cake said “God Bless Your Little One” which I thought was just too precious. See, you don’t have to know the gender of the baby to have baby showers!

The girls even gave me some gorgeous flowers. They are sitting in the middle of my kitchen table at home now and are a reminder of what wonderful firends we are surrounded by.

The best thing about days like this is knowing that noone HAD to do these special things, they did them because they wanted to. Words cannot even express how much it means to Jeff and me to have so many people that love us and are excited to share in this time in our lives. We appreciate each and every one of you!


No comments: