Thursday, March 13, 2008

Well hello there!


I don’t think I can even come up with the words to describe yesterday
afternoon and how amazing it was to see our baby! I would not have been
surprised if both of our faces were sore last night from the huge
smiles we had on through the whole ultrasound.

We took a CD-R with us so we have several pictures and video snippets to treasure forever. We were absolutely amazed at all of the things they were able to tell us
just from the ultrasound. They were able to rule out (for the most part
although they couldn’t say anything “official”) several potential
problems and disorders. They could also tell from the full bladder and
stomach that the major organs are functioning properly. Of course any
of that would not have changed the way we feel about this little one or
how much it is loved, but there is a sense of calming that came across
us.

He or she weighs in at a whopping 1lb, 1oz. already. Yes, I say he or she because we kept it together and did not cave when we had the opportunity to know the sex. Thankfully the bean (a name that no longer seems fitting but will probably stick around for a long time) knew that we didn’t want to know so the ultrasound tech wasn’t able to tell from what we saw either. There isn’t any chance that a doctor or nurse will accidentally slip and tell us. I was expecting to see the baby curled up in the fetal position but it was quite the opposite. It is no wonder
that I feel almost non-stop movement – we have a mover and a stretcher
on our hands!



There was a funny moment when the ultrasound technician
looked at Jeff and asked him if he has big feet – he doesn’t. BUT….the
bean had to have gotten it from somewhere! That little guy or gal
already has feet measuring an inch and a half!



The head is measuring a little big at this point too – nothing dangerous, just disconcerting for mom, ha-ha. For those of you that have had the opportunity to get to know Jeff for any period of time, you know that he sticks his tongue out a lot when he is being funny. Well, towards the end of the ultrasound – there went the babies’ tongue! Rightfully so, the video we
have of it is titled “sticking my tongue out at daddy”. Surely it wasn’t aimed at mommy! That is my favorite video because it ends in a freeze frame with what looks like a smile.

2 comments:

mcnulkr said...

Joni and Jeff, Jason and I watched your ultrasound over and over. It is amazing all that they can do these days. And he/she is such a kicker (and with big feet too...Joni you are in for it once the sun starts to come out. Conner used to kick towards the sun while I was driving!) Congratulations to you both!

Tracey said...

Joni and Jeff, Hey guys. I looked at the pictures of the baby. I am reminded of those days. Joni, the baby is growing so much. I am so happy for the both of you! I know you have wanted this for a while! I miss you and I hope that when you travel home again I will get to see you. I have already been through OB class. And I am almost a Nurse!! So, If you need any heads up on that area call me.. Again congrats and keep in touch