I remember it like it was yesterday (although I would need to think hard to tell you what I did yesterday). I was 7. It was cold outside. I went to dad's and we went out to dinner. I must have been coloring or something because the adults were talking, not to me, but to each other. Dad said something about someone asking how the babies were. This moment was the beginning of the end for being an only child at dad's house. Keep in mind that I was an only child of dad and mom's before the divorce. Mom remarried dad #2 that already had 2 little ones and they together had a little boy 3 short years before this news. I was going from an only child to the oldest with 5 younger brothers and sisters in what seemed like such a short time!
BUT...I would not trade that news for anything. I was blessed with the opportunity to be the big sister all over again with an 8 year age difference. I don't think I would be misleading you to say that we have never had one of those big fights that sisters have -- although I am sure much of that is attributed to the fact that we lived in separate homes. We have always been close. I still think of them as my "baby" sisters and will likely do so forever despite the fact that they are now resposible adults and world travelers.
Jewel and Jessie turned 21 on the 21st! We had dinner with them the night before because their birthday fell on a Monday.

Leah made herself right at home by pulling everything out of Grams' cabinets.
She played there until dinner was ready.


You will often see her with a toy in her mouth!
She had that mouse in her mouth for at least a 1/2 hour.


The birthday girls and grandmom!

Go COLTS!

I wanted Jessie's sweater. If only they lived closer so I could raid their closets and do some clothes swapping.

Gramps was in charge of the wrapping paper.
It kept him entertained and distracted from the tv.

Leah helped with the big present!

Patiently awaiting the ice cream cake

Leah wanted to give grandmom some hugs
No comments:
Post a Comment